Saturday, March 31, 2012

vintage earrings > cocktail rings

I was trolling around Pinterest the other day, as I do far too frequently when given half a chance, when I came across something where someone had taken old clip-on earrings and turned them into rings… genius! There are a few decent old earrings floating around my house, so I made sure to repin that one and headed to Hobby Lobby looking for some ring blanks so I could get started :D

materials-


  • old clip-on earrings
  • ring blanks [adjustable rings with a pad you can glue/otherwise attach things to]
  • super glue
  • wire cutters
process -



Take your earrings and, using the wire cutters, remove the clip from the back.



Depending on the earring, you might have a bigger piece of metal left than this one did, which would be nice for purposes of gluing it to the ring.





Put some glue on the back of the earring, then attach to the pad on the ring blank. Allow glue to dry, preferably overnight just to be safe!



Then you can wear/admire your new additions to your ring collection :D

2 comments:

Miz Karen said...

Just saw this on craftgawker. Cute idea. Will try it out. Thanks!

cait said...

Glad you like it! I'd love to see what you come up with :)

Post a Comment